ALI WILSON TELLS ALL...
Ali Wilson has remixed for the likes of Little Boots & Marco V of late, as well as being a firm favourite of the legendary Carl Cox!! Not bad I hear you say... Well Slinky managed to catch up with him ahead of his appearance for us on Oct 31st for our Halloween Ball!
1. Hi Ali, traditionally with Slinky interviews we ask the DJs what they’re currently listening to, where they’re sat, and what their favourite TV programmes are just so we can get the picture. Please tell.
Hi mate, I’m sat in my studio, listening over some new tracks I’ve done for my album. My favourite TV progs at the moment are Family guy & Mock the week!
2. It’s that time of year again when the DJ Mag votes start to be cast. Do you personally place any value on accolades such as the DJ Mag Awards and is it important to you to receive that type of recognition?
It would be nice to be in but I don’t take it too seriously to be honest!!!
3. For last year’s Halloween Ball the Slinky crew all revealed their scariest ever experiences. Now it’s your turn so we’d like to know what event in your life was the scariest or most frightening.
The scariest thing for me has to be when I discovered my fear of heights when I tried out abseiling when I was about 10, needless to say I won’t be doing that again hehe!
4. And how did you get into the crazy world of hard house, hard dance, and trance? Was there a defining moment when you knew it was something you wanted to be involved in?
Yea the 1st club I went to for this kind of music was Peach back in the late 90’s, from then onwards I knew what I wanted to do!
5. What track would you most like to remix and what track never leaves your box?
Thats a hard one, I think I’d most like to remix is Underworld – Born Slippy and the track that never leaves my box has to be Cafe Del Mar!
6. Who have been the biggest influences on your career to date?
Carl Cox is the biggest for sure – he’s number 1 for me! Also Sander Van Doorn & Marco V!!!
7. You run your own label by the name of Tekelec. Could you tell us more about it and what the day to day running of it involves?
Yea I did run it for a while, but it’s been on hold for the last year or so as I’m doing an album with High Contrast / Incharge + have had a fair few remixes to do!
8. Is there anything you want to tell us about that will happening in 2009 and 2010 for yourself? For example any new tracks or productions or DJ gigs?
Yes I have the album which I’m finishing off and also Ministry, Passion have already confirmed a big festival for next year which I can’t say too much about for now!
9. So what can the Slinky clubbers expect from you on the 31st of October in the room two?
Tough techy & proggy trance with bollox! :o)
10. Lastly, you’re a man of the world, and an all round knowledgeable guy. With that in mind we’re going to leave the last word to you.
Get your dancing shoes on, get down to Slinky on the 31st and lets AVE IT!!! :o)